Do you have an electric vehicle and need to recharge when visiting downtown Miami?
Miami Parking Authority is proud to offer a new solution for motorists choosing to park electric vehicles. Currently we offer ChargePoint “Level 2” dual port charging stations that are compatible with all EVs. The charging stations are installed at the following MPA garages:
- Courthouse Center Garage: Located on the south side of 3rd level, total of 4 parking spaces
- College Station Garage: Located on the north side of 1st level, total of 2 parking spaces
- Knight Center Garage: Located on the south side of 2nd floor, total of 2 parking spaces
- Marlins Park Garages:
- Home Plate Garage: Located on the north side of 1st floor, total of 2 parking spaces
- 1st Base Garage: Located on the south side of 2nd floor, total of 2 parking spaces
- 3rd Base Garage: Located on the south side of 1st floor, total of 4 parking spaces
Vehicle owners can access the charging stations by setting up a free ChargePoint account at www.chargepoint.com. Once an account is set up, you can initiate sessions with the ChargePoint Android or iOS phone app or a keychain RFID card which you order when setting up your account. The app allows you to check on the status of your charge, receive text messages when you are fully charged, to check availability of stations and more.
Need help? Just call the toll-free number on the front of the station for assistance – 1.888.758.4389 .
The cost to use the machines is $0.30/kWh or $2.00/hour. Once fully charged, you will receive a text alert asking you to move your car to make room for other EVs that need to charge. If you do not move your car within 30 minutes, the idle time cost is $2.00/hour thereafter. These charges do not include parking fees. Access to the charging stations varies by location.